Oh man! I’m so glad it’s Friday. After three days at a Conference in Fort Worth, I’m ready for the weekend. So, I thought I would introduce to you today my favorite place to buy eye wear. Warby Parker sells glasses, sunglasses and even a monocle online. A few weeks ago, I got mine in the mail.
I was not compensated by or affiliated with Warby Parker in anyway.
Here’s the Warby Parker process:
1. Visit their site.
2. Upload a photo of yourself and start trying on glasses, “virtually.”
3. Pick out up to 5 pairs of glasses and add them to your “At-home” try-on kit. Provide a credit card number. *They don’t charge you. They just need a credit card in case you keep the home try-on glasses and don’t send them back.*
4. You’ll receive your glasses within a week. Model them. Show them to friends, family members, strangers. You can even take photos, like me, then upload them to Warby Parker’s Facebook page and you’ll receive feedback from Warby Parker staff themselves!
5. Send the glasses back within 5 days of receiving them.
6. Choose your glasses. I found this difficult, so I did 2 at home try-ons.
7. All glasses are just $95. Nothing more. Nothing less.
8. Order them and you’ll receive them in about 2 weeks.
I needed glasses when I entered the 9th grade. I couldn’t see the board. I never liked glasses much. I hated the frames and they got dirty easily. By the time I got into college, I had persuaded my mom to let me try contacts. I generally like contacts, but they get dry and sometimes I just want to wear glasses. I haven’t gotten new frames or a new prescription for my glasses in about 5 years. It was time for an upgrade.
What I love so much about Warby Parker is that they really care about their customers. I was able to keep in touch with them through Twitter and Facebook. Oh my gosh! I’ve forgotten the best part! For every pair of glasses you buy, they give a pair to someone in need. Yes, just like Toms. I love this idea. Go check them out. I’ve been very pleased with mine. I’m much more confident in these frames. My older frames I would only wear at home and now I’m comfortable wearing my new frames anywhere.
Now, go check them out! Do it!